Please find information below regarding the schools Covid-19 arrangements and communication.
This risk assessment is developed from the current government guidance and is reviewed as new guidance is published. The mental health and wellbeing of staff and children are placed alongside safety as well as the practicalities and limitations of the school.
Symptoms are described by NHS:
- high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Control Measures (Schools Covid-19 Operational Guidance, updated 27th August 2021)
- Ensure good hygiene for everyone (Bin it, Catch it, Kill; frequent hand washing it continues to be important)
- Maintain appropriate cleaning regimes
- Keep occupied spaces well ventilated. Guidance taken from SCC ‘Ventilation in Schools During COVID-19 Guidance V4; Strategic Risk Management; Sept 2021’ document.
- Follow UK Health Security Agency (UKSHA) (Previously called Public Health) advice on testing, self-isolation and managing confirmed cases of COVID-19