NATIONAL OFFER DAY for RECEPTION PLACES
If you applied on-time, you will have received an email on the morning of 16th April. You can also log into the online system to view the outcome.
If you applied using a paper form, you will be sent a letter on the 16th April by first class post. Please allow 3 working days for receipt.
Find out when late applications are considered.
So what happens next?
Parents must take evidence of their address and their child’s date of birth along to the school within two weeks of the application decision.
You will be asked to provide originals for two of the following as evidence of address:
- a recent household bill, for example a gas, electricity, water, or Council Tax bill
- a recent bank statement, credit card statement, store card statement
And if you have moved house:
- a solicitor’s letter confirming that exchange of contracts has taken place, or
- a signed tenancy agreement (usually for a 12 month period)
Please take your child's birth certificate or passport to evidence their date of birth.
Please let us know in writing if you no longer need the place so that it can be offered to another child.
Click here for further information
Is your child starting school September 2019?
At The Cambridge Primary, we strive to provide for your child the best education possible in an excellent learning environment. Our vision and values are growing and developing as the school grows and reflects those within the community. The Cambridge Primary School is a safe, happy, respectful environment, which aims to combine the life experiences and values of our children and families with the school culture. To achieve this inclusive environment, we respect and value the differences and diversity within our community.
We aim to help children develop their own identity, and create a sense of belonging in an environment which supports their development and prepares them for their lifelong learning journey.
The Cambridge Primary School gives all pupils the opportunity to develop enquiring minds, building on their natural curiosity and confidence with an aim to create positive, respectful relationships which make them feel valued.
If you are interested in applying for a Reception place for your child at The Cambridge Primary School in September 2019 and would like to find out more, we welcome the opportunity to meet with you and show you around our wonderful school.
Email email@example.com or call 01252 314884 to arrange a time to visit.
In year admissions
As a school we manage all our in-year admissions. This means if you wish your child to attend the school outside the normal deadlines you just need to contact us and we will send you the appropriate in-year admission forms.
Please be aware we are unable to offer any school place until 4 weeks prior to the child requiring admission.
If you have moved into the area and have missed the deadline for reception places, please contact us to enquire if we have space.
Admission Appeals Timetable for Year R (starting school in reception) in September 2019
For The Cambridge Primary School, appeals will follow the timetable below:
National notification date for on-time applicants
Tuesday 16 April 2019
Notification date for late applicants (whose applications received after 15 January and before 16 April 2019)
Wednesday 17 April 2019
Deadline date for parents wishing to lodge an appeal (returning completed appeal papers to the County Council)
Thursday 16 May 2019
Appeal hearings to be held
From 06 June to 17 July, inclusive
Decision letters to be sent
Within 5 school days of hearing
- Appeals lodged after 16 May will be heard during the above dates if possible or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged. Appeals lodged on or after 13 June may not be heard until the autumn term but no more than 30 school days after the appeal was lodged.
- Appellants will receive at least 10 school days’ notice of the exact date and location of their appeal hearing.
- Following the lodging of an appeal, additional papers may be submitted to the Appeals Service until 10 working days before the hearing. Evidence admitted after this date will be considered by the panel but this may lead to an adjournment and significant delays.
There is lots of information about admissions on Hampshire’s website.
Please click on this link for our catchment map.
Admissions Policy 2018 – 2019: Admissions Policy 2018
Admissions Consultation 2019-2020: EEEA_Admissions_consultation_2019_TCPS
2019 – 2020 Supplementary Form:Supplementary_Information_Form_2019_TCPS
Admissions Policy 2019-2020: Admissions Policy 2019
Admissions Policy 2020-2021: Admissions Policy 2020